Faith Restored

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Faith Restored
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 10:15:28 -0700
List,

I am quite humbled and grateful to the many responses I received from list
members who supported my anger and disillusionment with this list. I also
received many "get over yourself and stop crying" emails from people. They
did so off list and I repsect their right to their opinions of me.

I would also like to publicly apologize to Stan Chernoff and Dean Apostle. I
had no right to discuss their issues during my rant. If I expect people not
to post personal comments then I should also not do it.

I want to state that I think Datsun Roadsters are the most unique, most fun
to drive, attention-getting, underrated, and just plain neato cars on the
planet. I want to hear stories about driving them, working on them, selling
and buying them, meets with them, fun runs, barbecue gatherings and anything
else having to do with furthering their interest in the classic automotive
industry.

What I think of anyone personally is irrelevant to this list and I expect
the same respect from everyone else. I will not make public comments about
people's choice in customization, driving habits, bragging about speed,
money spent or money saved. I may think people are jerks as I am sure some
people think that of me, but I will give them the respect of not posting my
opinions about them here and I demand the same in return. I do not think
that is too much to ask. The person who has initiated my rant has made my
filter list and in retrospect I should have just done that and spared
everyone my drama queen act.

Not that it is any great thing or accomplishment, but I will lurk on the
list for now and this too shall pass. I apologize to the list for my rant
and behavior. I ask that this matter be closed and any comments about it be
sent to me off list

Now let's get back to talking about the cars.

Andrew Murphy
Very Proud of owner of a Datsun Roadster