RE: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Roadster on E-bay - Too Good to be True?
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:02:43 -0400
I have been watching this car since it showed up on Ebay, and I want to
point out some corrections.  The carb on it is a DCOE or DCOM side draft
weber - not a down draft.  Tuning it should not be too difficult.  There are
rumors that the single side draft is not ideal, but in thinking about it, I
am sure that someone can make it work.  Since it is a side draft, you can
get aircleaners as cheap as $27 (NEW plus shipping) that would look GREAT on
it, and the hood will have NO problems closing.

The interior and paint color show some "interesting" choices, but I think
that the car looks great as a starting point.  I would change a few items,
but that is a personal taste issue.  If I had $2k, I would be on that car
like a bad habit.  I bet that it is fun to drive!  Whoever gets that car
will have a fun, useable daily driver that they can really enjoy.  It is a
heck of a value.  I just wonder why no one hit Buy It Now...

Now, if I had $4k, there is no doubt that I would have bought the 67.5 2000
that Dan mentioned.  I know that the car was called the Frankenroadster, but
who cares?  The VIN tells the tale.  Pick up the parts that are incorrect
and put it back close to stock, and the value of that car will be quite
high.  Even the salvage title can be "washed" to get rid of that if you know
the secrets.

Oh, and before you question the prices I threw out, I am factoring in some
money for shipping...

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.