finaly the good part!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: finaly the good part!
From: Will Slater <will45817@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:49:30 -0700 (PDT)
It has been a long journey but finally I have a
mechanically sound roadster! I went through buying one
sight unseen (baad idea!) The tranny that tht the PO
said had been rebuilt had a bad synchro between first
and second so no good whole shots! The engine also
said to have been rebuilt smoked sooo bad! Then had an
engine built for me but the mechanic used parts that
should have been junked. Oh so many things were wrong
with that engine it leaked form every orifice and a
few new ones. The engine smoked worse!!

At last I have a good engine thanks too all who have
helped. Still a number of things I need but looks like
those are coming together too.

Now for the good part ... Last night pleasant ride
through the country in great weather beneath the stars
with my son and the top down and tunes blasting that
can easily be heard over the wind. Tonight another
great ride with my dog under the stars so relaxing!
Ahh it was worth it. Of course there are many other
good parts.

By the way I like those t-shirts that Ted made and
mentioned on the list the other day. I live near his
shop so tooled out there in my Roadster and picked up
a shirt they are nice. NFI by the way. It will be
great to wear to car shows here were so many dont
know what the car is!
Will
'68 2L
Ohio