Re: Can someone ID this engine conversion?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Can someone ID this engine conversion?
From: James Ross <jross@corporatemontage.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:42:22 +0800
Nissan CA18DE.
A high tech engine, more so than the sr20 (truck engine), but don't get
me started. Each plug has a coil (although in this conversion they have
external coil packs) oil spray crank, variable lenght runners. Expensive
to rebuild with a gasket set at around the AUD$900, but they like to rev!
Origin 180sx/silvia till '91 (s13), and a FWD version in the exa (not
sure of US name).
~110kW stock (135bhp)
R,
James
ps. piece of cake to fit, just made up some 'Z' brackets that bolt onto
existing mounts, and using datsun 1200 isolators.  i got one of those in
my car :)