Re: Porsche 914 vs Datsun Roadster

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Porsche 914 vs Datsun Roadster
From: philip erickson <fj20spl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:12:19 -0700 (PDT)
Peter,

First things first.  You are wrong about the 914-4 engine and the VW 411/ type
4 VW bus being different animals.  I have rebuilt lots of them.  We raced a
914-4 in the 70s.   They are as much the same engine as all SB chevys are the
same, actually more so.  Only a "Porsch" freak/snob would think they are
different.

As for a comparison between a Datsun roadster and 914-4 VW - they are of
different generations.   The Datsun roadster generation is that of the 356
"speedster" / convertible "D".  The 914-4 is that of the 240-280Z.  It make no
since to compare them.  What one person thinks is positive another could
rightfully claim is a negative.

Sorry you are SOOOOOO far off base.

Phil

67.5 SPL311Fj20