RE: Roadster prices revisited...

To: spl310@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Roadster prices revisited...
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:59:14 +0000
I agree that the 1500 is worth the asking price, if it is as nice as
described.

Over the years, I've believed that the 1500's have been undervalued for the
rarity of the model. The SP(L)310 has a unique, classic charm which cannot
be matched by the later roadsters. Though between 1962-1964 there were
considerably more 1500 (three seaters) produced than 1967 2000s...Today
there are very few good, roadworthy 1500s left.

I'd venture to say there may be fewer "good" 1500s left on the road vs.
"good" 67 2000s.

Therefore, from a price perspective...if the demand is there...a SPL310 1500
  could be worth as much as a 67 SRL311.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1964 SPL310 1500 (For Sale, <24K)
1966 SPL311 1600
1967 SRL311 2000

>From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: Roadster prices revisited...
>Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:06:55 -0400
>
>I wanted to check in with the list to see where everyone feels Roadster
>prices are right now.  The 1500 from www.datsunsports.com that is for sale
>prompts this inquiry.  I think that the car is beautiful and worth the
>asking price, but want to get a feel for what the rest of the community
>thinks.
>
>Also, if there is a Corvair maven on the list, please drop me a line off
>list.  I have some great quality 14" wire wheel hubcaps that look like GM
>to me, but I need help IDing them.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Sidney Raper
>1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
>1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
>Jacksonville Florida
>http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE