RE: Clutch Replacement

To: slowboy@cox.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Clutch Replacement
From: "James Cawrse" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:28:02 -0400
If your clutch tool fits in the splines of your new clutch and pressure
plate, why then its the one to use!

You use this tool when taking the new pressure plate tight, to hold the
clutch in the right spot
so the tranny drive snout will slide in.  This will make perfect sense when
you do the job, dont
worry.

The T/O bearing can be difficult to put in, if the old one is tight and
makes no noise, then
is OK to leave it in, IMHO.  Take care to torque the pressure plate bolts
evenly and to
the correct value.  Inspect the flywheel for heat glaze, etc.  Light crap
coating, usually
from leaking rear main seal, can be cleaned off with gentle sanding.
Anything serious
calls for removal and reface of the flywheel.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia