RE: Taking my show on the road

To: "Datsun-Roadsters Mail List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Taking my show on the road
From: "Eric" <egustavson@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:26:37 +1000
I must speak up here, I can't help it, because I think from my experience
the roadster is a fantastic vehicle for doing long distance with ease.

The roadster has passing ability almost bar none, with effortless cruising
speed that eats miles at a huge rate and ignores hills, I've been from
Vancouver Island to Montreal via Spokane and return via Calgary, also
Portland, Jasper and Banff, Prince George and points north numerous times,
also Drumheller, a couple of trips to Shasta and LA and Modesto, and lots of
other places, it's a <good> car for doing distance in my view.  500 miles a
day is quite do-able, my max is a bit over 700. You can carry enough to go
camping, too.  When I first got my 2000, <it> had a tow ball....

my $0.02, with humble respect for all the great contributors to this list.

Regards from Eric in Townsville, Australia
70 rhd 1600 SP311-06003
67 lhd 2000 SRL311-00183 (soon to have another adventure in July)

I second that I run my 2000 up to Springfield, Oregon all the time from S.F
Ca. about a 9 hour drive. It's great and alot of fun you see so much more.
Jim
70 2000

> I have taken both my cars on extended cruisers - car camping, alternating
> between camping and hotels.
> IMHO, keep the mileage below 1000 miles per day ;-), just kidding, more is
OK.