Reproduction knobs for early car's

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reproduction knobs for early car's
From: Gerardo Magana <gmagana@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:02:49 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry for the repetition if this occurs, my messages
are not making it to the list, Is there a problem with
the server?? Anyway see below for previous info sent
if you didn't get it.
Thanks, Gerardo

Hello again, One of the most frustrating things that I
found in restoring a car was the difficulty in
obtaining correct knobs. Vendors don't really sell a
complete set that I know of, usually you buy them by
the piece.  I am currently exploring the possibility
of reproducing knobs for the early cars, The 65
through 67.5 Roadsters.   The knobs will be perfect
replicas in shape and size as the original, with the
exact lettering style that the knobs had.  there will
be a Choke knob (C) Throttle knob (T) Washer knob (W)
Cigarette Lighter (CL). Other accessory knobs will
follow if there is enough interest.  These will be all
made out of Aluminum and then anodized black, then the
letters will be machined into the knob and painted
with a high quality epoxy white paint.  They will be
far more durable than the original knobs that Nissan
made for these cars.  If this is something that any of
you are seriously interested in please let me know.  I
am waiting to hear from the machine shop as custom
colors may be an option as anodizing can be done in
different colors, keep in mind the custom color ones
will cost more due to anodizing a limited run.  I will
get a price out as soon as I see if there is enough
interest.  I also plan at looking at later style knobs
down the road so if you are looking for those also
please let me know.
Thanks, Gerardo Magana