Re: Mushy brakes

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mushy brakes
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:36:24 -0700
> > Do you have Stan's E Mail?  I need to order a brace for my '69 and '66.
Or
> > does someone else
> > offer them?  Anyone on the list know?
> >
> > Do you need to take the master cylinder off or just loosen it up and
slide
> > the brace in?

Contact him here:  az589@lafn.org

I bought one from him a few months ago.  It ties the master cylinder to the
steering column to give it a more support than just the firewall sheet
metal.  It's easy to install, just remove the lower bolt and replace it with
the included longer one. Remove a nut from the steering column and bolt it
in.  No removal of the master cylinder required.
That and changing to axxis metal master pads made me reconsider the volvo
caliper solution to barely working brakes.

Steve
70' 1600