Re: 70 Interior Winshield trim - how to

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: 70 Interior Winshield trim - how to
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:34:15 -0500
As a 'foamsmith' with a couple decades of experience with foam, glue,
etc under my belt I would add one caveat to Mark's technique.  (I used
a similar approach).  3M spray 77 is not very heat resistant.  It might
be advisable to try 3M Spray 80 neoprene cement, or am automotive trim
adhesive.  Maybe a heat "torture test" is in order.  On moving to Texas
a lot of my glued-on trim let go. I re-glued with 3M 30 NF fastbond
adhesive, a non solvent based laminate adhesive that is very heat and
moisture resistant, but is hard to come by...you gotta find a 3M
industrial distrubutor.

OTOH, Mark and Laurie live in Arizona, you don't get much hotter than
that ;-)
On Jun 5, 2004, at 8:18 PM, SPL311RDST@aol.com wrote:

> Mark has just recently done this on a friend's car.it turned out VERY
> nice..
> I'll turn the keyboard over to him :

Marc Tyler Sisterdale TX
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016