RE: stereo speakers

To: "Jones Barton" <Jones_Barton@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: stereo speakers
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@acmehomesales.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:27:16 -0700
I have 250 Watt 5x9 three way speakers mounted on the side of the body
behind the doors.  They sound good without being the way of the top.  I am
working on creating interior panels that will either cover the speakers
entirely, or fit around them allowing the speaker covers to be seen.

I have a couple of original speaker boxes, and the suggestion of putting an
amplifier in there is interests me.  One box is perfect, but the other has a
number of chips in the paint.  I might modify that one.  I was planning to
put the amplifier in the trunk, next to the alarm system.  I ran 12 gauge
wire from the radio console to the speakers, so that wiring should be in
good shape and there is plenty of extra length if I decide to install the
amp in the speaker box.  The speaker box idea makes it easy to install low
level audio lines between the radio and the amplifier, and to connect the
power to the battery located a couple of feet away.. Good suggestion.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.acmehomesales.com/datsun