1500 fuel gauge

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 fuel gauge
From: James Ross <jross@corporatemontage.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:25:41 +0800
Hi List,
The fuel gauge on my 1500 (early) always reads high. When full, it reads
over full, and when empty, it reads at about a quarter. As i am running
fuel injection with a surge tank, there is no spluttering warning from
the car, and as soon as it runs out of fuel, it cost me about $50 for a
new (secondhand) efi pump.

Unlike later cars, it appears that the sender cannot be adjusted short
of bending the float rod. Is there meant to be a resistor inline on
these earlier cars (there isn't as far as i can tell)? If so, which one
should i get?

Thanks,
James
'64 sp310 Fairlady