Vendor websites (was RE: Sports Imports)

To: johnwightman@shaw.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Vendor websites (was RE: Sports Imports)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:46:27 -0700
It's a work in progress. Ross told me there would be more info coming
soon....

I am glad to see that Ross is investing in a more modern and easier to use
website. I have talked to many of the vendors about their websites (or lack
thereof) and although I understand it is their choice whether to have one or
not, I tend to use websites over calling on the phone.

Some vendors enjoy the personal aspect of talking to the roadster owners and
having a more personal touch, while others do not. Although some of us do
take our cars into the vendors for service and restoration work, the vast
majority of our business with them is parts.

That being the case, I would prefer a website with parts listed with prices
and other info along with online ordering instructions. Only one vendor has
this in place currently and I have used him often for this very reason. The
internet is my business and I use it every day.

I hope more vendors develop websites that make it easier for us to get
information and order parts and services. We can always call them if we need
to, I just think it is easier for me to just order a solex air filter if I
need it and then move on to whatever else I am doing.

I will always continue to support our vendors and purchase from them. I
think it would be easier for them to make money if they allow a little
automation in the ordering of their products.

My .02

Andrew Murphy
1967 2000 SRL311-00489