Brake MC crush washers

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake MC crush washers
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:01:29 -0500
There are two large crush washers on the master cylinder.  They seal the
aluminum cylinder to the iron part that the brake lines screw into.  Can these
washers be purchased at a local autoparts store?  Do I need to buy a rebuild
kit to get them?  A couple of years ago I bought a master cylinder for a 510
and then swapped out the iron parts.  This allowed me to continue using my
standard thread brake lines.  I didn't replace the crush washers at the time
and they have always seeped a little.  I am putting together my new race car
and don't want brake fluid all over my new paint.  The old car was so nasty
that there was no real worry.

Thanks,

Andy Cost