Newport Beach car show, need special seatback pivot bolt

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Newport Beach car show, need special seatback pivot bolt
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:05:56 -0700
Hey Roadster-ites.
Went to the Crystal Cove car show on Saturday, an all-free, all driven weekly
event at a posh strip mall south of Newport Beach, and saw Tim Miner and his
beaut 67.5 2000 there. (thanks again for the coffee, Tim) The number of vintage
Ferrari's was stunning,as well as some real unusual other vehicles.  a microcar
with a surfboard on top and an all-wicker interior, an Aston DB-6, a new Lotus
Elise, Dan Gurney was there talking up his 'alligator' concept bike, (single
thumper, ultra low Cg) which drew a crowd.  Tim also pointed out a unique
mid-engined supercar, called a Spyker (from Sweden?) that was incredible.
Roadster content:  I have refurbished my driver seat (and taken thorough pics
of the whole process, with new baby arrival it has only taken me 14 months to
perform 90 minutes of work...) but managed to lose the special seat back pivot
bolt, the one that steps up from the thread size to ~1/2" diameter shoulder
before the hex nut end.  Anyone have a lonely spare one that is looking for a
little action?  I was tempted to get a barrel made to slip over a std bolt, but
the barrel would be thin walled, it'd wear funny, it'd put the bolt in bending,
just not a sound idea.  E-mail me off list if ya got one.
Thanks for the assistance,  Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA