Alternator wiring ???

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator wiring ???
From: "Brian Duran" <doobop101@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 10:33:19 -0700
I have a 69 2000 with charging problems everything else is working but the
ampmeter never shows a charge but does show a discharge when lights or
others are used,,using this list and other resources I am trying to
troubleshoot things myself for personal knowledge and save a couple of $$.
My question is is on the back of the alternator at the pigtail should I see
some voltage at the white and black wire with the key on.
I have voltage on the white wire all the time but not on the field wire at
alternator or voltage regulator