1600 or 2000?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1600 or 2000?
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 01:08:45 -0400
I have a red 66 1600 and a black 68 2000 solex, both now running fairly well.
I find the 1600 easier to drive, with better pull off the line and more power
down low due to the shorter rear end.  It also feels lighter, and I love the
snick snick of the 4 speed.

The 2000 feels heavier, and is much more comfortable on the freeway, and of
course has a better top end.  5th gear is great.  I think the 2000 looks
better, but the 66 has by far the best roadster interior of all.

If I have to pick one to keep, it would be the 1600, and then I would put a 5
speed in it.  But I have had the 66 for 38 years, and I have less money in it
than the 2000 which I have owned for fewer than 10.

I drive them both to work, as my commute in LA is now only 5 miles, with no
freeway driving at all.

Gary