Fuel Problem and Pate information and Stuff

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Problem and Pate information and Stuff
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:43:35 -0500
I had bad luck with rusty crud in the tank.  It plugged the fuel filter just
enough to run, but not well.  I bought some cheap inline gas filters and
plumbed one into the gas line just before the carbs.  I replaced them every
500 miles or so until the crud stopped. You might want to check to see if
there are other fuel filters the PO put in the line, just in case that's the
problem.  I have one back by the tank to protect my electric pump.

Also, the Pate Swap Meet at Texas Motor Speedway is this weekend.  Andy and I
will spend the day Saturday wandering around one of the largest automotive
swap meets in the world.  The event is free and parking is $5.  It has been
raining a lot, so some of the parking might be a little muddy, but the vendors
are on asphalt, which is much better than the old Pate Museum location.  Maybe
we will find the elusive aluminum bodied 311 race car for $25 Or Make Offer.
Or maybe a Buick aluminum 215 V8 to slip under the hood of Andy's EP racer.

Sunday Andy and I will be at the Mineral Wells Airport at an autocross.  Andy
started putting his gofast parts on his new race car, so the old one is
missing too much stuff to run.  He'll run my BMW to keep up with the season
points.  I found pictures this week of an autocross at Ft Sill, Oklahoma in
1968.  There were four brand new Datsun Roadsters lined up to run, with the
original skinny tires and wheels. I don't remember haw they did on that day,
but Roadsters generally won at most events.  A stock 1968 1600 run by one of
my Army buddies usually came close to Top Time of Day back then.

Leisure Suit Terry