Re: Re: battery problem on '69 1600 (I hope)

To: Eric Corwin <ecorwin@uchicago.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: battery problem on '69 1600 (I hope)
From: <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:22:47 +0000
Hi Eric,
    I didn't realize you were in Chicago, but still too far away really,
otherwise I'd loan you my battery charger (I'm just outside of St Louis).  I
think you can have your battery charged up by some of the shops out there
though?  Checker, Autozone, etc?  I believe they charge batteries..  If not,
perhaps there are some friendly roadster owners up there willing to help?
Only other thought would be to take the battery out and charge inside your
house... but for obvious safety reasons, I wouldn't do that one!

Definately don't let some shop tell you that you have a bad alternator though!
If you have a multimeter, you can check it yourself... you are looking for
about 14.4V while its running..  I hope it's something as simple as a clock
draining your battery though!

Good luck!!
Eric