Re: roadster good looks

To: "Marc&Heidi" <mtyler@hctc.net>, "mike" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: roadster good looks
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:15:46 -0500
I have a set of wire basket Crager rims that look pretty nice on a roadster.
You get the best of both worlds... chrome wheels with wire baskets!   I have
attached a picture so you can see if you like them...  anyone on the List
interested in seeing, please write me directly.

Eric

> As you note this is all personal taste, but there's something 'not
> right' to me about wire wheels an anything later than an MGA.  Real
> spoke wheels are a PITA, nobody knows how to true them anymore except
> maybe some old-time motorcycle wrenches.
>

> -Marc T
>
> On Apr 19, 2004, at 10:57 AM, mike wrote:
>
> >  Now, with more financial
> > wiggle room, I still can't justify upgrading to the fancier wheel. I am
> > willing to try if the general consensus of the group is that the wires
> > look
> > cheap, MG-like or just plain bad.
> > Any comments?
> > Mike H.  67-1600

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/bmp which had a name of
White 1600 Dside.bmp]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/bmp which had a name of
White 1600 Pside.bmp]