Wire Harness Question.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Harness Question.
From: JRice@koaspeer.com
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:02:51 -0400
I have just finished the restoration on my '69 1600 roadster ( Engine runs
great,
new paint job, everything is restored but once I got everything together I
run into an issue:

During the past few months I had picked up a number of items for my
car. One of the items I purchase was a '69 2000 wire harness on E Bay.

The question I have:  Is the 2000 wire harness different than the 1600? I
installed
the 2000 wire harness and am having the following issue:

      -   When the battery is hocked up the flasher switch keeps clicking.

      -  When I pull the hazard switch the flasher stops clicking.

      -   I have no running lights when I turn on the headlights.

      -   I have no turn signals or four ways.

      -  When I use the turn signal lever the horn goes off. I can see the
      connection making contact when the horn sounds.

Is the harness screwed up that I purchased? Is the 1600 different than the
2000?

I think I need to order a new 1600 dash harness or should I start looking
somewhere else
for my problem? All connections are OK per the wiring diagram. I pulled
plugs ect
and can not locate where anything is connected incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

      Jeff

'69 1600  Part car. (Wire harness was ruined.)
'68 1600 Registered as a '69, converted and restored
      as a '69 except for recent wiring issue.
'66 1600 Restoration next year.