Re: Automatic?

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Automatic?
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:20:34 -0700
>   Anybody know of an automatic tranny installed in a roadster?

Yup, it's been a couple of times.
A reported sighting in Arizona (further details unknown), and
Buz with the Modesto guys has a very professional KA24
conversion that I lust after every time I see it :-)

> I know the RL411 came with an auto option behind a R16 motor...

The RL slushbox is reported to be too wide for the tranny tunnel.
Note: Buz accomplished his update without slicing and dicing - just
some precision metal stretching with body hammers, I understand.

-- John