Re: Panasport Wheels for 2000

To: redrider68@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Panasport Wheels for 2000
From: JeffVH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:06:45 EST
Owen: I just put a new set of 15x6 FS panasports on my 69 2000. I have a big
investment in the NOS sheetmetal - ( rear quarterpanels ) and didn't want to
have to bend up the wheel well lips.  here's what the boxes list as the specs
of the wheel:
type = FSE 6JJx15
offset = 15
holes = 4-114.3mm
cap = S 66mm

My wheel/tire upgrade was to replace a 25year old set of michelin X tires
165/82/14 tires
Tire size is important too.. I picked p195/65r-15 for width and diameter
concerns.. With the new wheels and tires, there's no rub detected with two
persons
in the car.   In the front, the tightest clearance is with the wheel turned,
there's about 3/8" gap from the tire to the fender lip by  the corner of the
bumper.  let me know if you'd like some pictures.
Hope this helps,
 Jeff Von Holten
srl311-12920