Oil Blowby followup

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Blowby followup
From: <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 1:45:18 +0000
Just wanted to follow up with those of you who had provided info to this thread.

I ran my temporary "fix", which is an old plastic oil bottle that I ran the
line from the valve cover to.  I also had a evaporator system block - it has
lines to the gas tank, dipstick, and a line that was blocked off with a bolt
jammed in the hose.  I unblocked this line and ran it into my oil bottle.  Then
I washed this engine off again and waited for the inevitable oil seepage.  I
also changed the valve cover gasket...  the old one was still pliable, but with
a new one in package, I figured why not?

75+ miles so far... NO oil in the oil bottle!  What the...??
No seepage around the valve cover at all now either.

I am seeing some seepage out of the distributor feed line and also the oil
filter attachment..  Just a tiny bit of oil leaking out of that known problem
with the corner of the head too..     I'll patch those up this weekend.   I
guess I'll just be grateful the valve cover isn't spraying that tiny bit of oil
out and work on figuring out a good oil separator for those "just-in-case"
days.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!!
Eric