Under Dash - Main Wiring Harness - rebuilding it

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Under Dash - Main Wiring Harness - rebuilding it
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:56:21 -0700
I am finishing up some under dash rewiring of the main harness for my 68
2000.  The diagram shows two wires heading to the  counsel.  One is red/blue
stripe (to the map light) and the other is blue/white stripe (to cigarette
lighter).  Are these the only two correct power source lines going to the
cousel?  I appear to have two generic toggle switches that may have been
added by a PO.  I seem to remember some wiring leaving the area that did not
look stock.  I believe one went to a lamp in the cargo area and a second
went to the back up light.  Is there supposed to be a cargo area light?  I
can see from the schematic and my rebuild of the rear harness that the back
up light is supposed to be a part of that bundle.  Can anyone help me out on
this item?  Thanks in advance.  Larry.