O/T '88 Nissan pickup question

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/T '88 Nissan pickup question
From: matthew peterson <pete_303@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:28:07 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I have a question for anyone familiar with '88 Nissan pickups.  I have a friend
who has a '84 and is looking at buying an '88 and they both have the same
problem.  They drive fine until you accelerate hard and then they start cutting
out.  Almost like the injectors stop giving the cylinders gas.  It cuts in and
out about once every second until you ease back off the gas.  Has anyone
experienced this and know what the cause is?
I know my buddy would really appreciate any help if someone know's what might
be causing this.
Roadste content:  My car's coming back together quite well and I'm hoping to
have it back on the road by early summer after three long years of sitting in
the garage in various stages of dissasembly!
Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Winona, MN