Re: Battery cut off switch.

To: <limprod@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Battery cut off switch.
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:22:41 -0600
This is the opposite of what I've been hearing of late for high
vibration applications.  (disclaimer, I am not a graduate of
engineering school).  In fact, the FAA does not permit soldered
electrical connections in aircraft applications.  (another disclaimer,
I could be all wet on this).

-Marc
On Mar 22, 2004, at 12:58 PM, <limprod@comcast.net> wrote:

> Soldering is always preferred over crimp/clamp on types. Even with the
> non-solder crimp and clamp on type lugs/terminals you should not avoid
> tinning the cable.  It will work if not tinned but it is guaranteed it
> will haunt you some time down the road.  Cables should be tinned so
> that all the strands are bonded together and no copper is exposed.
Marc Tyler
Designer,
Animal Firm
830-324-6578