New Roadster Owner Needs Tech Advice

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New Roadster Owner Needs Tech Advice
From: TCR2B@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:25:17 EST
Hi list,

Just got an e-mail from a new 1600 owner in Del. that has a problem.  Since
it's electrical in nature (and you know how good I am with electrical stuff),
though I'd pose it to you:

"The PO stated the battery would not hold a charge.  The car started with a
jump earlier this week when we went to look at it.  I can't get it going now.
I swapped out the battery and it did not help.  The horn works but nothing
else does.  Lights do not work.  Turning the key makes absolutely no noise."

I thought that maybe it was a bad connection to the starter, or bad frame
ground.  What do you guys advise?

TIA,
Mike in VA
'66 1600