RE: Datsun Vs Deer

To: "Roadster Dude" <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Datsun Vs Deer
From: "Rourke, Brian" <brian.rourke@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:01:16 +1100
We have the same problem down here with 6 foot red kangaroos. They tend
to run straight at you and change direction when you do. Very stupid
animals. Then there are the wombats, they just stand there and let you
rip out your suspension when you go over them. Camels can be fun as
well..... Did I mention the emu's?? Most roadster owners down here stay
well away from the highways at dusk and night time.
Glad you kept clear of that dear!!
All the best all, Brian.

__
Datsun 0     Deer ......

So the weather was really nice again here in the bay area..
I decided to take the roadster for a spin up some twisty mountain road.
I usually like to drive just when the sun is starting to set....its a
little cooler ..

Note to self...dont drive on twisty mountain roads when its dusk.

So there I was going thru the gears.....up and down the hills...with a
big grin on my
face.. you all know what Im talking about..
All of a sudden after taking a sweeping turn....a deer was half way on
my lane....
you know that saying.."Deer in Headlights" well this one never heard of
it...cause it
started to bolt to my path of travel...if not for the datsun's agility
and my cat like reflexes
I would have been eating venicin for dinner. I was able to swerve fast
enough before it could be in my path..Or maybe just lucky..

Anyways so here is the score...Datsun 0  Deer 0

Raul

Still enjoying the ride......