Fredericksburg Swap Meet/Show

To: Bluebirds <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: Fredericksburg Swap Meet/Show
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:53:36 -0600
Last year, Marc Tyler and I happened upon the Fredericksburg  show, held the
last weekend in July at Lady Bird Johnson Park, off Hwy 16, just south of
town. The Park is very nice with rolling hills covered with grass and lots
of trees, plus Live Oak Creek wanders through the Park, keeping the temps
reasonable in the Texas July heat. It reminds me a lot of the old Pate Swap
Meet when it was held at the Pate Museum, south of Fort Worth, before the
Meet was move to the TMS parking lot. I checked last week and it's set for
July 23 to 25.

Typical of other outdoor meets that I've attended here in Texas, there are a
lot of very nice cars, a ton of parts, etc., and yes, probably quite a bit
of junk, too. But it's all fun, and in a very nice setting. If enough folks,
say half a dozen or more are seriously interested in attending, I'll contact
the organizers and see if we can't get a designated Datsun Corral.

Coincidently, for the non car nut (err.., auto enthusiast) family members,
the Medina Apple Festival also takes place that weekend, in Medina, south of
Kerrville, about 40 minutes south of Fredericksburg.

Please reply to me directly, off list. I'll wait a couple of weeks before I
contact the swap meet organizers.

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@hot.rr.com
Ronnie_day@acd.org
Temple, TX
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)