Re:3 bearing 1600 Camhafts

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:3 bearing 1600 Camhafts
From: "garretson2" <garretson2@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:37:29 -0500
Hey Guys,

Do we have any advice / experience with a somewhat upscale cam grind for a
3 bearing 1600 motor.  We are in the middle of an engine overhaul / machine
work ect and are considering a new cam for a little more HP & rev's.
Otherwise a stock engine for a spring / summer  / fall driver  in New
England , just looking for any vendors , folks that may have some experience
/ advice with this motor.

So far it's been 20 over pistons, slight head trimming, new header, fresh
overhauls on the SU's and a good engine balancing.  Thought that a little
more cam to spice things up a bit might be in order.  Any thoughts ,
recommendations ect greatly appreciated.  I have spoken with D. Elgin Cams
in Redwood , CA but they can not offer a new cam only a regrind, I was
planning on keeping my stock cam on the shelf.

If anyone has  a spare cam for a 3 bearing SAE motor I would trade the one I
have removed from a 1970 1600.

Thanks again for your thought and good advice.

Best Regards

Rick G.

66-1600 project in work
Watkins Glen 2004 or bust