RE: wiper motor

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wiper motor
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 22:10:55 -0800
Matthew:

You can take it apart yourself. It's likely jammed, or one of the brushes is
out of position. I pulled mine down when it failed to function, cleaned it
up and put it back together. It's been running over a year now.

The great guys at NOWROC were nice enough to include a list post I did on
the operation as one of their tech tips. Did I mention they were great guys?
Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.nowroc.com/Webpages/Techtips/WiperRepair.htm

The picturetrail link there is a dead duck, but I did set up my own picture
site elsewhere.

One thing I failed to mention in the first post is that on the end of the
motor casing opposite the gearbox there is a metal plate with two or three
small screws. Be sure to mark this plate and the casing it attaches to
before you remove it. It is the wiper home/stop position switch. It can be
adjusted while the motor is in the car on a flat dash, but I don't know
about a late model. It was a pain to wrestle with on mine and I wish I had
scribed it when it was out.

HTH

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA