Re: float level adj

To: Pat Mahoney <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: float level adj
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:19:17 -0500
Hold the float lid upside down, with the float attached.

Take care NOT to loose that pin!

Now with a CLEAN piece of fuel hose connected to the fuel
inlet... BLOW on the hose. With the FLOAT LEVEL you should
not get any air flow... as you gently lift up on the float
you can fill the air flow through.

Sorry I don't have exact measurements, but that hopefully
you can picture the float being horizontal (when upside down!).

Oh, seemed every time I pulled the car out of storage the
needle and seat were "gummed up" by old fuel. Fuel would gush
out the overflow tubes. Never failed, but after a little fuel
cranking though the needle and seat... they returned to normal
function! Uh, I had an electric fuel pump and would catch fuel
over a coffee can.  OUTSIDE only, use extreme caution. In the
last year I've had three friends involved in accidents.. on
left in serious condition, one who lost a garage, another who
garage and house burned down. I'm getting a little paranoid,
but don't want to hear of any more fuel related accidents!

Cheers,

Tom