Re: cold draft on neck, idea

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cold draft on neck, idea
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:24:11 -0600
Will Slater wrote:
 >> I have sun visors and haven't found adjusting them makes any
 >> difference. I tried the ball cap idea but perhaps its my height 6'3
 >> with the cap facing forward it keeps the sun out of my eyes nicely.
 >> Since the sun often tends to pour in over the sun visors and behind
 >> my sunglasses the bill of the hat is great. However 45-50 MPH and
 >> above the hat starts to blow up off my head. I tried it backwards
 >> no help on the sun of course and it catches the wind much worse and
 >> comes right off.
 >>
 >> I have been thinking of a Roadster cap that fits my
 >> large head (no comments please) over 7 3/4 with brim
 >> that will stay on in the car.

  I'm 6'2", and uh... catching up with Tom Walter :) ..

  I've had good luck with a mall store hat shop where you'll find real,
old-fashioned non-adjustable baseball caps in sizes(!). I'm probably a
7 3/4, but the 7 5/8 sticks to my head better -- have to keep my
haircut short(er) though. I did lose one (wool) cap in a gust of wind as
a semi blew by (probably lost it from turbulence from my middle
finger), but #2 cap (cotton - less stretch) is holding on great.

  I get some (high-windshield) turbulence above 70mph, but since I quit
wearing ponytail length hair, I haven't found it to be an annoyance
(well, except maybe when I'm combing the part off the back of my head).
Rainshowers OTOH, suck mightily above 65mph. At 75 mph, and the inside
of  the windshield is wetter than the outside! I can see where a rear-
windscreen would help, but I think you have to get gold chains with
'em (I'd rather have an MR2 T-top than making a faux convertible!).

Sun visor's are off - all they do is block my visibility.
240z seats/headrests, OHC, hood latches and holds, altho ragtop latches
don't....
dan neff    '69 2000
colorado springs, co