Restoration Travel Plans

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration Travel Plans
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:13:28 -0700
Hello All,

24 days and counting until I pick up my 1967.5 2000 from restoration. Wow.

As I wrote earlier this week, I have received some requests from people that
would like to meet me along the way to check out the car. I tried to think
of the best way to do this and although I would love to meet people and go
on a short run, I have a long way to drive that first day and will need to
make some miles.

So the idea I have come up with is to stop for breakfast and lunch and if
anyone would like to meet me they are more than welcome. So I picked two
different Denny's restaurants (hey, there are a million of them and they
were easy to find online) to stop at. One is in Tukwila, Washington and the
other is in Woodburn, Oregon. My travel day is Thursday, October 16th.

I figure to arrive at the one in Tukwila about 7 AM (give or take traffic
conditions) and will stay until 8:30 AM. If some people would like to join
me for breakfast there and check out the car (Gordon? Leigh? Dean?) I would
love to meet you there. Here is the address:

13100 48th Ave. S
Tukwila, Wa.

I-5 South to Interurban Ave (Exit 156)
Exit and turn right on Interurban
Right on 48th Ave S.

At 8:30 AM or so I head South through the beautiful state of Washington and
then cross the Columbia river into Oregon. Woodburn is about 30 miles South
of Portland. I plan to arrive there right around 12:00-12:30 and will stay
there for 90 minutes to have lunch and meet anyone who wants to see the car.
Here is that address:

2929 Newburgh Hwy.
Woodburn, Or.

I-5 S to OR-214 exit (Exit 271)
exit towards Woodburn
Left on Newburgh Hwy

After that, I head South to spend the night in Grants Pass. Then on to
Clearlake the next morning for the run around the lake.

Please let me know if you would like to stop by and say hello. I look
forward to seeing you!

See you soon!

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489 Solex (Almost done)