240SX for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 240SX for sale
From: "Brian" <b.dooley1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:12:18 -0700
I know it's not a Roadster, but please bear with me.  Maybe someone could use
it for parts.  I have an '89 240SX for sale.  It is in pretty good shape
overall, but far from perfect.  It is a fastback, auto, with 315,xxx miles or
so.  It has a pretty straight body with a couple of small dents.  It has a
rebuilt head, with a new water pump and all belts.  It also has a new torque
conveter and recently replaced brakes on all corners. Now the not so good, Not
so long after I replaced the head, a small rattle developed.  I'm pretty sure
it's the timing chain.  The head had benn shaved a bit, so it may be thei
extra slack on an already old chain.  The other possibility I've come up with
is a lazy tensioner.  It also will need a new drivers seat as the hinge broke
and right now the seat is propped up with a milk crate.  This car does not
have any power options or sunroof.  It still runs very well and will probably
pass smog with no problem.  Here is the deal, I am not interested in smogging
it or doing anything else at this point.  It was my wifes car and I just
bought her a new Xterra, so we have no use for this one anymore.  It has a
nice Pioneer CD player with Boston Acoustic speakers.  I'm selling it as a
parts car and asking $1200 with the stereo, or $1000 without.  I am in San
Diego, and the car is registered until December.  Thanks for reading.
                                                      Brian