Re: proper engine break-in (kinda ot)

To: Philip Erickson <perickson@quorex.com>,
Subject: Re: proper engine break-in (kinda ot)
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:56:08 -0700 (PDT)
Temperature is important. Cool nights driving local runs to the video store
etc. I did one motor with Sealed power rings. I like these rings the best.You
know the rings are pretty good when you do a leak down test cold and get 6% in
each bore. I have used the same machine shop and same pistons and same break in
with Hastings, Deves and Sealed Power rings as the variables and come up with
very different results. Dean

Philip Erickson <perickson@quorex.com> wrote:I have always been of the opinion
"run it they way you want it to run". Just
watch the TEMPERATURE. Maybe that is why I didn't have any trouble with using
DEVES rings. I have also heard that if you break an engine in without going
to high RPM the top ring will get damaged when you stretch the rods ;-) oops

Philip Erickson