Re: '66 Lighting

To: SlowBoy <slowboy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: '66 Lighting
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:31:03 -0500 (CDT)
You have two problems  with the lights. Let's solve the easiest one first.
WHen you turn on the headlights, the front parking lights go off. I
believe this is normal. My 67.5 works that way. I told you it was easy!

As for the right parking light being brighter, check the right and left
bulbs to see if they are the same part number. It may be (since you are
also having troubles with the right turn signal, that the 2 hot leads for
the right light are crossed, so that the parking lights run the bright
filament and the turn signals run the dim filament. It may be that your
car had this problem for quite some time, but you hadn't noticed it. It is
also possible that someone mashed the right bulb into the socket backwards
so the filaments are connecting to the wrong wires.

Let us know what you find.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA