Re: valve cover vent hose question

To: datsun <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: valve cover vent hose question
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:48:45 -0700 (PDT)
Do not plug it as this is crankcase pressure that needs to be vented.You can
vent it to the street, which is not politically correct, or put a breather on.
I would not put it back into the carbs especially if it is a older motor as the
"blow by", excessive oil ,can gum up the carbs and filters requiring more
replacement/maintenance.Dean

datsun <datsun_sports@hotmail.com> wrote:I am installing some k&n filters on my
1600 67. each carb has its own round
filter. there is no place for the hose from the valve cover to connect to
naturally. can I install a breather filter or just plug it up?

thoughts?

thx,

mike