SRL311-00489 Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SRL311-00489 Update
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:20:09 -0700
Hey All,

Today was a milestone for the restoration of SRL311-00489. I believe I have
ordered the final part needed to complete the car. It's a small part- just
the upper shift boot- but it signifies the beginning of the end of the
seemingly endless amounts of time and money I have spent in pursuit of this
insane dream.

I have held off on updating my website until the car is painted and sitting
on the restored frame. It's supposed to be any day now. Everything else is
done- seats, engine, brakes, windshield, chrome, wheels, trim, badges- it
really is just waiting for the body to get painted and put on the frame.
Once that happens, it's just a matter of mounting all the parts and hooking
everything up. Four years of waiting is about to come to fruition.

Since I am about five weeks away from seeing the finished car, I went and
bought a brand new digital camcorder that will record MPEG video. The first
trip out with the car, which will be around the block from Ross's place,
will be recorded for posterity and I will post the video for anyone who
wants to see it.

Once the  body is sitting on the restored frame I will update the website.

See you on the road soon!

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489