Re: Way OT-but useful: Good Pickup/tow vehicle tires

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Way OT-but useful: Good Pickup/tow vehicle tires
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:45:35 -0500 (CDT)
I had very good service from a set of Uniroyal Laredo tires for my 1 ton Chevy
Crew cab.  The truck weighed in at over three tons.  I freequently towed heavy
loads and hauled loads of two cubic yards of dirt.  The tires lasted over 100k.
 They were size 245/75/R16E.  Typically I don't like Uniroyals from all the
years I spent mounting and dismounting tires when I worked in the tire shop.
The Uniroyals were twice as heavy and were a pain to lift.  I purchased another
set for something like $88 each at Sams Club.

I now have about 20k on my new Dodge crew cab and the 17" Michelin tires are
showing wear.  I doubt that they will make it over 50k.

I had about 50 miles on the 23x9.0x15 Goodyear tires on the roadster before
they were to the cord.  At $180 each they were the most expensive and shortest
lasting tires I have ever owned.  My new tires are 20x9.0x13 Goodyear and they
are cheaper at only $153 each.  I already have over 20 miles on them and hope
to make it another 30 before they are all gone.

Tetanus did well at the races on Sunday.  I came in first place, and last!
It's easy to win when you are the only one.

Bridget should be coming home in a couple of days.  All the prayers from
Roadster owners must have worked.  She is up to a whopping 4 pounds and in
perfect health.  I think the anti-alien brainwave hat could have helped with
her fast development.

Thanks,

Andy Cost

> For all:
I dont drive very tire friendly, but got about 55K out of my last set of
Dunlop Radial Rover AT 9.50X30 pickup tires, on my 88 Jeep Commanche 2wd.