For Sale: '67 SPL311 1600 Roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: For Sale: '67 SPL311 1600 Roadster
From: Blaine Benson <bbenson@twowords.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:15:31 -0400
I'm afraid that the time has come to part with my '67 Datsun Roadster.
I moved from California to NYC in '99 and shipping the car out here and
garaging it here just isn't practical.  So, the car really needs a new
home.  Here are the general specs:

Mostly stock 1967 (early) Datsun 1600 "Roadster"
"low windshield" car, with the old school flat dash and toggle switches
Stock pushrod motor, SU carbs
    Motor runs well, starts easily
    Unknown milage on motor or car
    Carbs and linkage have been gone through and are in good condition
    Engine burns oil, about a quart per tank of gas.
transmission works, some synchros shot.  Shifts like a truck.
three row radiator, never overheats
Corbeau Clubman seats with Schroth seatbelts
AutoPower rollbar (bought in 1999)
Stainless steel exhaust, thermal coated header (header circa 2001)
Dash in good shape (re-sprayed by Classic Datsun Motorsports)
Electricals good, I rewired it in the late '90s.
Body is in fair condition.  Some trim missing. Some rust in body, but
    frame is solid to my knowledge
NO SOFT TOP OR HARDTOP (stock parts won't fit over rollbar!)
Original stock wheels
stock brakes functional, rebuilt in mid '90s and maintained since.

Drive it around as is, or use it as a parts car.  Lots of good
parts on this car for a race car project or a street car restoration.
Car is currently located in Concord, California, email me for
information if you're interested and I'll hook you up with the
caretaker.

I'm asking $2500, but make me an offer.  Give my fairlady a loving home!
Pictures online at:
http://twowords.org/roadster

Blaine Benson
Brooklyn, NY