Real Basic Help Needed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Real Basic Help Needed
From: E Scanlon <escanlon@worldaccessnet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:52:29 -0700
These questions may seem like totally basic and of the type that you
might say "Geez, do you need to be reminded to breathe in and out
also?", but since I do not have access to a Factory Shop Manual, and I'm
uncovering some real disconcerting items, I must ask.

I just recently finished doing a 3/4 restoration on a 71 240Z, As a
result, I had beefed up my Metric Tools in order to satisfy most
necessities.

However, in working on my 68 Datsun 2000 Roadster, I am uncovering item
after item that ends up being SAE hardware.  Stuff like the Leaf Spring
Shackle Bolts, also the Shock Absorber hardware, so I'm at a loss.  Is
the Roadster a vehicle where SAE hardware was used, or am I running into
something that a Prior Owner spent a lot of time and effort to convert
from Metric to Standard?

On another note, I am looking for a Hardtop to fit this vehicle.  A
member of this list mentioned that if anyone would know it would be
someone on this list.  I am in the Pacific Northwest, in the Portland,
Oregon area.  Depending on the top and price I would be willing to
travel and / or request / require shipping.  But I'm willing to field
any and all items being offered.  Help me find a nice top for my car.

Thanks to all in advance;

Enrique Scanlon