Shop light and water injection

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop light and water injection
From: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:00:05 -0700
Just wanted to pass on one of my favorite discoveries (perhaps many of
you already have discovered this, but you never know...):  Those twisty,
screw-in florescent lights that replace normal incandescent lights make
GREAT shop lights.  Unlike the incandescent, they don't get hot, they
don't go out when you knock them over, they give plenty of light, and
they last a long time.  I got so sick and tired of being under the car,
accidentally knocking the light off of the spot where I had it hooked,
and having to (once again) crawl out from under the car, brush off and
go find yet another damn light bulb.  Brushing my arm against the damn
thing and burning myself was also a favorite.  Anyway, every time I use
my shop light I think to myself "Hey, I wonder if anyone in Roadster
land knows about this... I ought to at least mention it."  So there, my
good Roadster deed for the day.
Actual Roadster content:  Moved my battery to the trunk using Summit
Racing's kit (buy a wider battery box if you plan on using a standard
width battery... the stock Roadster one will probably fit though...
other than that it was great).  Also got my Edelbrock Vari-jection
water/alcohol injection kit to try and control knocking in this 11.7 to
1 puppy (I love Ebay).  Waiting for some "misting" nozzles I ordered
before I can install it and try it.  Seems like a pretty cool set up, as
it varies the amount of water injection based on rpm and engine vacuum.
If that does not work, it's race gas time!
Greg Burrows