Water Pumps

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Water Pumps
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:08:04 -0500
What can I say, it's a week for questions.

Stroker 1600 is the application.

I'm looking at pictures of an early and late water pump.  The diferences I see
are the bolt patterns for the fan, the late pump appears to require a fan
spacer and the late pump mounting to the block bolts look like they maybe a
different length.  Also, I believe a spacer is used behind the late pump.

What I want to do is use an early crank pully on my stroker, so I want the fan
pully to line up correctly.  And yes the alternator is going back to the
passenger side.

To do this, is the early pump needed; can the late be used?

Does not matter which as I am going to buy a new one depending on which is
easier.

Thank you!

jim

//