Re: Pics of the SR20DET 'good deal'

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Pics of the SR20DET 'good deal'
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:15:23 -0500
There was an interesting article in the NY Times business section about
Japanese cars and why people get rid of them after 3 years, and not for the
mileage.

After the 3rd year a comprehensive test is conducted on the car which costs
about $1,000. Insurance rates also are increased. 2 years later the car is
inspected again but this test costs about 2K.

The cost of keeping an older car on the road escalates until it is no longer
economically feasable to keep it.

Most of them end up in Russia and other Asian countries which don't restrict
the import of used cars, only new cars.

Mike