Re: parking brake boot snaps

To: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: parking brake boot snaps
From: "Tom Duffy" <tomuo@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:13:27 -0800
Mike,

These are standard 5/8th inch snap fasteners.  I just bought a pack today
from a local crafts and materials shop, about $6 for a pack of 7 with a
die so you can whack it with a hammer to attach to material.  I had one
on my soft top fall off.  You just need to screw the top part of the snap
receiver into place on the tunnel.  I looked at mine, and noticed that I
too have a missing snap on the ebrake handle cover.

On the internet, I found
http://www.snapfasteners.com/grommet_and_snap_kits.htm
as a source for the lazy.

It took me a while to find this because I know these things as
"press studs" back in the UK.

Cheers,
Tom.
'68 SPL311 in Sunnyvale, CA.