Re: NISMO comp springs - how many coils should they have???

To: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>, "RWM" <RWM@rwmann.com>,
Subject: Re: NISMO comp springs - how many coils should they have???
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:38:13 -0800
The original comp springs had fewer turns and smaller wire diameter and
were made in Japan and sold thru NISMO there and Datsun Comp/Nissan
motorsports here.  When the US motorsports dept could not get any more out
of Japan they turned to a US manufacturer to supply the springs.  I think
that the free length is about the same for both types and the rate is
supposed to be the same too.  Probably the spring manufacturer had wire on
hand that was suitable to make springs that had the same rate and free
length without needing to buy a mill run of wire to produce the relatively
small quantity needed for roadsters.
The part number for the new springs is different than the old ones.
Recommend that springs of the same type be used in pairs.  There was
someone on ebay auctioning the springs one at a time.

Stan