RE: stupid question

To: <PLETCH5@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: stupid question
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:29:31 +1030
Ken, not so stupid question.
Is the temp sensor connected to an adjustable device to set fan on/fan
off settings?
If so, it matters not where you place the probe since the adjusty bit
can be set to do the switching as per your temperature gauge.
If not, you need to ascertain from the supplier where it is intended
to be placed: my guess is the top tank.
In my opinion those sensors that are supposed to slip inside a
radiator hose (and seal somehow?) are last years.
I have the same type but I got my radiator man to solder in a blind
tube in the top tank and the sensor slips inside to be surrounded by
the sealed tube. No leaks and once again, the adjusty bit was set to
switch as per my temp. gauge.
There are some thermo switches available from Nissan which are fitted
to the bottom tank and turn on at 85 deg. C.
For sheer simplicity this is a great unit, however it needs a threaded
boss for fitting.
It has two pins and simply makes contact at 85 and opens contact at
say 80.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.